LIVERTE is the controller of your personal data. If you have any questions about the processing of your personal data, you can contact us via the following contact details:
LIVERTE Law Office
Aadress: Tina 9, 10125 Tallinn
I. What personal data does LIVERTE process?
- Basic data (name and surname, personal identification number, date of birth, nationality, residence, occupation/profession, identity document details);
- Contact data (telephone number, e-mail address, residential address);
- Background check data (e.g. whether you have been involved in money laundering, terrorist financing or subject to international financial sanctions):
- Legal service data (the content of the legal service and related correspondence, documents related to the provision of the legal service, including documents available in public databases and archives, records registered in national registers (Business Register, Land Register, Building Register, Land Register, etc.), documents related to legal proceedings and any other documents and data necessary for the provision of the service to you);
- Financial data (payment account details, including payer name, date of payment, currency, amount, explanation);
- Website visit data, LIVERTE processes the data relating to the visit to the website (IP address, location information).
Data collection sources:
- Data subject (basic data, contact data, background check data, service data and financial data we receive from you in relation to the provision of the legal service);
- Public registers and databases (basic data, contact data, background check data);
- From a third party in connection with the provision of the legal service (basic data, contact data, financial data);
- By visiting and using a website (website visit data).
II. For what purposes and on what legal basis does LIVERTE process your data?
Legal basis for processing:
- Performance of the contract (including pre-contractual measures)
Purpose of processing:
- Pre-contractual relations, including requesting and responding to offers (basic data, contact data);
- Customer identification (basic data, contact details);
- Maintaining and developing the customer relationship (basic data, contact data, background check details, legal service data);
- Providing legal service (basic data, contact data, legal service data);
- Billing for legal service (basic data, contact data, legal service data, financial data).
- Compliance with legal obligations
Purpose for processing:
- Avoiding conflict of interest (basic data, contact data, legal service data);
- Compliance with duty of care (basic data, contact data, background check data, legal service details);
- Informing the client of activities related to the provision of legal services (basic data, contact data, legal service details);
- Keeping a list of cases handled (basic data, legal service data);
- Accounting (basic data, contact data, legal service data);
- Mandatory notifications to and replies to requests for information from public authorities and the Estonian Bar Association (basic data, contact data, background check data, legal service data).
- Legitimate interest
Processing of personal data on the basis of legitimate interest means that LIVERTE does not need to have a contractual basis or a legal obligation to process personal data, but the processing is necessary for the performance of tasks related to LIVERTE’s business activities (e.g. business development).
The data subject has the right to request further information from LIVERTE regarding the processing on the basis of legitimate interest by contacting LIVERTE using the contact details above
Puprose for processing:
- Development of services and products (basic data, contact data, legal service data, website visit data);
- Marketing activities (basic data, contact data, legal service data, website visit data);
- Customer relationship management and development (basic data, contact data, legal ervice data);
- Fraud prevention (basic data, contact data, background check data, legal service data)
The data subject can always withdraw his or her consent by contacting LIVERTE using the contact details above.
Purpose for processing:
- Direct marketing, including email offers (basic data, contact data, legal service data);
- Development of services and products (website visit data).
III. Whether and to whom does LIVERTE transfer your personal data?
LIVERTE may transfer your relevant personal data to judicial authorities, state and local authorities for the purpose of providing legal services. The detailed arrangements for the transfer of data will be agreed with each client in a separate written client agreement.
For the purpose of providing legal services, LIVERTE may also agree with you to transfer your relevant personal data, where necessary, to notaries, interpreters, banks and other bodies whose services are necessary to achieve the purpose of the legal services.
LIVERTE may disclose information about the existence of a client relationship, the matters and projects in which LIVERTE has advised and provided services to the client and the approximate monetary value of the services provided to the client by written consent in the client agreement.
Confidential information and documents relating to the Client may be forwarded by LIVERTE to public authorities (Police and Border Guard Board, Financial Intelligence Unit, Data Protection Inspectorate) if the obligation to do so arises from law.
IV. Does LIVERTE transfer your personal data to third countries?
LIVERTE will not transfer your personal data outside the European Union, the European Economic Area or to third countries that have not been granted a data protection adequacy decision by the European Commission, unless it is necessary for the provision of a legal service and the data subject has given his or her explicit and informed consent
V. How long will LIVERTE keep your personal data?
Further information on retention periods can be obtained by submitting a data subject request via firstname.lastname@example.org.
VI. What are your rights regarding the processing or your personal data?
- You have the right to access and review your personal data;
- You have the right to request that inaccurate personal data be completed or corrected;
- You have the right to request LIVERTE to delete your personal data if there is no legal basis for processing your personal data;
- You have the right to object to the processing of personal data where there is a legitimate interest in the processing;
- Where LIVERTE processes your personal data on the basis of your consent, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time;
- You can exercise your rights by contacting LIVERTE at email@example.com;
- You can lodge a complaint with the Data Protection Inspectorate (www.aki.ee) to protect your rights.
VII. How does LIVERTE process your personal data when you use social meedia platforms?
LIVERTE uses social media platforms such as Facebook, LinkedIn and Instagram. LIVERTE processes the data subject’s data when the data subject interacts with LIVERTE using said social media platforms, for example by “liking” a page or post, sharing or commenting on LIVERTE’s posts. LIVERTE processes the data subject’s data through social media platforms for marketing purposes.
Last modified: 18 August 2022